Saturday, October 29, 2016

Chocolate Chips Muffin ( Chocolate muffin with chocolate chips)

Happy Halloween everyone! I know its quite early to say that but I personally love and excited for trick or threat not because I will gonna do that but I just love taking selfies with the Halloween motif. Kids wearing costumes, pumpkin everywhere, Halloween d├ęcor and sweet stuff - so much fun right? Okay, now lets go down to business...

It's the start of the weekend again and it means we can get more rest and enough time to eat. When
you think of Halloween, we think of kids with costumes right? Or pumpkin and cookies... basically we think of something sweet but instead of sharing some cookie recipes, I wanna share my struggle in making some muffin recipe. I checked so many recipes on the internet which I realized most of them are slightly the same. The measurements, ingredients, and outtakes but still I find myself struggling on getting the right way of doing it.


 The reason behind it was on my first try, the mistake that I made was the oven temperature - when you try to search with the muffin recipes you will see that 90 % saying 400 degrees. You see the first muffin that I made was quite burned putting it in 400 degrees for 20 t0 25 minutes was not a good idea. Since its quite dry and burnt that led me to my second attempt...


The second one - I baked it for 15 to 20 minutes but since my first try was quite dry I added more milk and the outcome was the muffin become saggy and wet. It only proves that putting too much of milk will not solve the dryness of the muffin. I realized that the oven temperature plays the important part and so as the cooking time frame.


The third muffin was quite a decent one and it looks nice too... I finally resolved my problem about the oven temperature and I didn't put too much milk either. Hope you like it and try my chocolate muffin.

Chocolate muffin with chocolate chips

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup  All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
or use bisquick mix for dry ingredients
3/4 cup white sugar or 1 cup sugar for extra sweetness
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cocoa powder (additional to make it a chocolate muffin)
1 cup chocolate chips

Procedure:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176.67 or just 177 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners or use a baking spray in your muffin pan.
2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups or the muffin pan.
3.Bake the muffin in 350 degrees oven from 15 to 20 minutes. Insert toothpick, if it comes out clean it means it's done.

:) Have a great day cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment